Julio A. Leey, MD, MSc
|Julio Leey, MD, MSc, is an assistant professor within the division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. Prior to joining UF Health, Dr. Leey was the Medical Director of Diabetes Mellitus Program at Alton Memorial Hospital, in Alton, Illinois. He was also an adjunct clinical assistant professor for Southern Illinois University at Springfield. Professional memberships he is involved with include the Endocrine Society, American Diabetes Association (ADA) and American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists. He holds close to 100 articles, posters, presentations and book chapters.|
|Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru||
|University of Louisville||
|Masters of Science||University of Louisville||Clinical Investigation|
|Fellowship||University of Louisville||Geriatric Medicine|
|Master of Science||Southern Illinois University of Edwardsville||Exercise Physiology|
- Sleep Apnea
- Internal Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Honors and Awards:
- 2014 – “Emerging Leader Award” granted by Alton Memorial Hospital to young physicians who have showed excellent leadership skills.
- 2014 – Quality Improvement Award sponsored by Alton Memorial Hospital, to the Diabetes Resource Team for our efforts to keep inpatient hypoglycemia rates at a historic low.
- 2014 – Best Top Five Poster competition “Perceptions and Barriers to Diabetes Care Among Nurses”, Graduate Research Symposium at Southern Illinois University at SIUE.
- 2013 – Five Star Excellence Award, for scoring in the Top 10% nationally in the Physicians Category, Granted by Professional Research Consultants.
- 2013 – Five Star Excellence Award, for scoring in the Top 10% nationally in the Medical Practice Category, Granted by Professional Research Consultants.
- Julio Leey, Lisa James, Chelsea Acord, Elizabeth Pratt, Gary Tobin. “Mixed methods to characterize perceptions, attitudes and barriers to diabetes care among nurses in a community hospital”, In preparation (partially presented at American Diabetes Association annual conference 2014 and 2015).
- Leey J, Cryer P. Discrepant thyroid function test results in a 44-year-old man. Clin Chem. 2013 Dec;59(12):1703-6.
- Leey JA, McCabe S, Koch JA, Miles TP. Cost-effectiveness of genotype-guided warfarin therapy for anticoagulation in elderly patients with atrial fibrillation. Am J Geriatr Pharmacother. 2009 Aug;7(4):197-203.
- Julio Leey, Belinda Setters, Patrick Murphy, Demetra Antimisiaris, Toni Miles. Quetiapine induced Dystonia and Agitation in a patient with Parkinson’s Disease and Dementia: A Case Report. Journal of the American Geriatric Society. May 2009; 57 (5) 918-19.
- Leey J and McKinney WP. Letter to the editor: Radiographic Appearance of Primary Tuberculosis. Ann Intern Med, Mar 2007; 146: 395.