Naykky Singh Ospina, MD, MS
Dr. Singh Ospina is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at the University of Florida. She is board certified in Internal Medicine. She was awarded her medical degree from the University of Panama, Panama. She completed her Internal Medicine residency at the John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County. She received her Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism fellowship training at the Mayo Clinic, Rochester where she also completed a Master in Clinical and Translational Science.
|MD||University of Panama|
|Residency||John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County||Internal Medicine|
|Fellowship||Mayo Clinic, Rochester||Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism|
|Masters||Mayo Clinic, Rochester||Clinical and Translational Science|
- Patient centered endocrinology through evidence based medicine and shared decision making.
- Special topics of interest within endocrinology include: management and diagnosis of thyroid nodules and primary hyperparathyroidism.
Honors and Awards
- Randall G Sprague Award – Outstanding Achievement as a Subspecialty fellow in Endocrinology – Mayo Clinic 2016
- Humanitarian Award – Extraordinary compassion in patient care and ethical/moral conduct – John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County 2010-2013
- Endocrine Society, member
- American Thyroid Association, member
- American Thyroid Association, Patient Affairs and Education, Committee Member
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinology, member
- Diagnostic accuracy of ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy for thyroid malignancy: systematic review and meta-analysis. 2016 Sep;53(3):651-61.
- The Value of Repeat Thyroid Fine-Needle Aspiration Biopsy in Patients with a Previously Benign Result: How Often Does It Alter Management? Thyroid. 2015 Oct;25(10):1121-6.
- Is the endocrine research pipeline broken? A systematic evaluation of the Endocrine Society clinical practice guidelines and trial registration. BMC Med. 2015 Aug 12;13:187.
- Shared decision making in endocrinology: present and future directions. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2016 Aug;4(8):706-16.
- ACTH Stimulation Tests for the Diagnosis of Adrenal Insufficiency: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2016 Feb;101(2):427-34.
- Comparative efficacy of parathyroidectomy and active surveillance in patients with mild primary hyperparathyroidism: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Osteoporos Int. 2016 Aug 25.