Yasmin Khan, MD
Yasmin Khan, MD
Yasmin Khan, MD is an assistant professor within the division of endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism at the VA. She is board certified in internal medicine and received her medical degree from Trinity College Dublin School of Medicine, at the University of Dublin. She completed her internal medicine residency at Case Western Reserve University and her endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism fellowship at the University of Florida.
|Medical School||Trinity College Dublin School of Medicine|
|Residency||Case Western Reserve University – MetroHealth Medical Center||Internal Medicine|
|Fellowship||University of Florida||Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism|
- Internal Medicine
Honors and Awards:
- Chief Fellow – University of Florida, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- James R. and Susan G. Carter Humanitarian Award – Case Western Reserve University, Internal Medicine Residency
- GlaxoSmithKline Merit Award – Best article in Trinity Student Medical Journal – Trinity College of Dublin School of Medicine
- Summa cum laude – East Tennessee State University
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Endocrine Society
- American Thyroid Association
- Peer-Reviewed Articles
- Laferrère B, Heshka S, Wang K, Khan Y, McGinty J, Teixeira J, Hart AB, Olivan B. Incretin levels and effect are markedly enhanced 1 month after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery in obese patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care, July 2007; 30(7): 1709-16. Epub 2007 Apr 6.
- Khan Y. The Role of Bariatric Surgery in the Resolution of Type 2 Diabetes. Trinity Student Medical Journal, April 2007 (8).
- Khan Y, Cultrera J, Drane W, Brown LA, Shaw C, Delitto D, Trevino J, Esnakula A, Allan RW, Kathuria A, Pacak K, Ghayee HK. Is There Utility for Octreotide Treatment in Pheochromocytoma? AACE 25th Annual Scientific & Clinical Congress, Orlando, FL.
- Masood M, Khan Y, Ghayee HK, Kadiyala SK, Drane WE, Strosberg J, Auchus RJ, Giegerich EW, Saleh AG, Barb D. Treatment of Ectopic Adrenocorticotropic Hormone (ACTH)-Secreting Syndrome (EAS) with Combination Mifepristone and Octreotide. ENDO 2016 , Boston, MA.
- Khan Y, Irizarry D, Edwards CM, Patel V, Stoll E. Diagnostic Challenges of an Acutely Enlarging Thyroid. 2015. 15th International Thyroid Congress, Lake Buena Vista, FL.
- Khan Y, Barb D. Isolated Intact Ovarian Axis and Brugada Phenocopy in Postpartum Hypopituitarism with a Review of TSH Analysis. ENDO 2015, San Diego, CA.
- Olivan B, Wang K, Khan Y, Laferrère B. Early Eff ect of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Insulin Sensitivity and Secretion in Morbidly Obese Subjects With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. 2006 NAASO Annual Scientific Meeting, Boston, MA.
- Laferrère B, Khan Y, Wang K, Yu W, Pi-Sunyer XF, Wang J. Total and Regional Body Volumes and Dimensions, %Body Fat By 3-D Photonic Image Scanner Before and 3 Months After Gastric Bypass Surgery in a Woman with Diabetes. 2006 NAASO Annual Scientific Meeting , Boston, MA.